‘Education for Development’
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) was founded in 1982 as a non-profit organisation. VVOB’s motto ‘Education for Development’ reveals its overall objective to contribute to poverty reduction and to a fairer world with increased opportunities for all. The organisation’s main aim is to sustainably improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of education and training in developing countries.
We achieve this by technical assistance and by nurturing and developing relations between education organisations in developing countries, Flanders and Europe through processes of exchanging experiences, developing education expertise and awareness raising regarding the importance of education for development.
We support quality education as an engine for development and equal opportunities.
- Quality in achievements and learning
- Integrity in professional relations and in leadership
- Respect for local policies, people and planet
- Commitment to quality education for all
- Innovation in facing complex challenges